Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I referred in the earlier post to my doctoral dissertation. Here it is.

http://brunnen.shh.fi/portals/pubmanager/pdf/155-951-555-905-7.pdf

This was finalised in february 2006. I have used the mindset and method in several projects after this, and got very interesting results.

The basic logic of my thinking in the dissertation is the following:

- value is formed in consumption practices
- markets and services cannot be understood as "customers" or characteristics of customers, but should be seen as practices
- my empirical study was done on "cruise consumption" as an ethnographic study

I am in the process of writing a popular book on the same issues called "Practice Design" (working title). I am planning on developing the ideas for my book in this blog - I am very grateful for any ideas for the book...

1 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, Blogger BoHarald said...

Great stuff. Certainly must-have angle for anyone who is looking for the easiest way to get customers going. Will include this in my own material.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home